Frequently Asked Questions

General Company Questions

What time does Javis Financial Services close?

Our Hours of Operations

Off Peak Season Hours are Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 5:30pm & 9:00a.m. to 1:00pm Friday.

Peak Season are Monday-Friday 9:00am to 6:30pm & Saturday 9:00am to 2:00pm & Closed on Sundays

How much do you charge?

Our fees START at $95.00 for Single & head-of-house hold and $150.00 for Married filing joint.

Do I need an appointment?

You can make an appointment Monday-Friday. Saturdays are walk-in-only. We also offer drop-off and walk-in service.

Do you offer after hour drop off service?

We do not have after hour service but we do offer email/fax service.

What information do I need to bring to my appointments?

You will need, Picture ID, dependents ss card, voided check/ banking info for direct deposit, financial income documents (w2’s, 1099s, 1099 SSA, 1099R (retirement), etc).

What if I am late for my appointment?

If you are more than 15 min late your appointment will need to reschedule or it will become a walk-in.

General Dependent Questions

How many dependents can I claim?

You will receive credit for up to 3 dependents.

Can I carry my friend’s child on my taxes since she didn’t work?

You can receive credit for the dependents if they lived in your household and you provided care for more than 6 months. You will, however, risk being audited for the EIC credit for any dependents that are not your son/daughter/parent.

How much will I receive for my dependents?

The maximum amount of credit for dependents are as follows:

    • $6,431 (3 qualifying children)
    • $5,716 (2 qualifying children)
    • $3,461 (1 qualified dependent)
    • $519.00 (no qualifying children)

General Tax Questions

How long will it take for me to receive my refund?

Per the IRS, it takes up-to 21 days not including the weekend.

How can I check the status of my refund?

You can go to irs.gov and click the tab “where’s my refund” (you will need your social, refund amount & filing status).

I have not filed my taxes in over 2+ years, do I need to file?

Yes, you will need to file if you have made over $600.00.

What do I need to do if I owe the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

You will need to make a payment arrangement. Even with the payment arrangement you will still be charged a penalty & interest until the balance is paid out to zero. Payment arrangement will avoid wage garnishment as long as you fulfill the arrangement obligation.

If I am retired, then do I still need to file my taxes?

Yes, you will still need to file as long as you are receiving taxable income.

If I receive Social Security do I still have to file taxes?

In most cases social security is taxable if you are receive other income.

Can you tell if me if I have a hold/lien against my taxes?

You can call IRS offset number. Please be advised that the information may/may not be up-to-date at 1.800.304.3107.

Can I bring in my son/daughter taxes when I bring my taxes in?

Yes, you can bring your son/daughter taxes to your appointment. Please advise when making your appointment, the number of returns you will need to complete so that the time is allotted in your appointment.

How much is it for my son/daughter taxes?

If they are in high school, then the cost is free. If they are in college and made over $1000.00, then the cost is $50.00. If your dependent made over $5000.00, then the is cost is $125.00.

Do I need to bring all my receipts for my personal/ business expenses?

No receipts are needed, just a spread sheet with the expenses. If we add the receipts up for you, then we will have to charge you a bookkeeping rate.